BLHS boys put in complete effort in 65-48 win against Turner
The Basehor-Linwood boys basketball team had four players score in double figures in a 65-48 win against Turner on Friday.
"We played hard tonight and had a lot of people scoring," BLHS coach Mike McBride said. "We are starting to play well together as a team and a lot of kids are stepping up."
Basehor-Linwood opened the game with a 15-4 lead in the opening quarter and led by 14 (33-19) at the half.
In the second half, Turner made a run and had the margin down to eight, but the Bobcats weathered the storm and controlled the action the rest of the way.
Chase Younger led BLHS with 23 points, while JP Downing, Tim Sanders and Zach McNabb each scored 10.
The lone senior on the Bobcat roster playing in his final home game was Matt Ogilvie.
The Bobcats move to 10-8 on the season and return to action Tuesday at Piper before closing the regular season at Mill Valley on Friday.
More like this story
- Free teen driving program offered this weekend at Bonner Springs amphiteater
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative