Bonner Springs credit union merges with Mainstreet
Mainstreet Credit Union recently announced it has completed a merger with Bonner Springs Federal Credit Union, 301 Oak St.
By combining, the credit unions’ members will be served by 10 branch locations throughout the metropolitan area. Mainstreet CU also offers a broader array of financial products and services, including convenience resources, such as OnlineAccess and PhoneAccess, and use of almost 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide.
Mainstreet Credit Union is a Lenexa-based financial cooperative serving nearly 60,000 members. In addition to the new Bonner Springs site, its branch locations include two in Olathe and Lawrence, and one in Lenexa, Mission, Leavenworth, Kansas City, Kan., and Kansas City, Mo.
The official merger date was Oct. 31, 2012, and on Jan. 1, members of Bonner Springs Federal Credit Union had full access to all of Mainstreet Credit Union’s branches, products and services.
Members from Bonner Springs will continue to see familiar faces, as employees of the former Credit Union remain in place.
Mainstreet Credit Union’s assets now stand at $325 million.
More like this story
- Insect researcher: Drones will help feed growing population
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Kansas cropland values down this year amid low grain prices
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event