LIVE: Mill Valley boys and girls basketball at Bonner Springs. 5:45 p.m.
Much like last season, this year's series between the Bonner Springs and Mill Valley girls basketball teams promises to go a long way toward determining Kaw Valley League supremacy.
The two teams, which shared the KVL title last season, will meet at 5:45 p.m. Friday in a matchup of the league's final two unbeaten teams. Since winter break, the Jaguars have won two straight, most recently in dominating fashion at Basehor-Linwood.
Meanwhile, the BSHS girls haven't lost a game since the first week of the season, and have since avenged that loss. On Tuesday, the Braves defeated Tonganoxie, who until that point had also been undefeated in league play.
Watch this game and the following boys game live courtesy of USD 204.
The Mill Valley boys basketball team enters Friday's game surging with the emergence of junior transfer Wyatt Voorhes, who scored 19 points in a 65-49 victory at Basehor-Linwood on Tuesday. Meanwhile, the BSHS boys are still seeking consistency. After defeating Turner last week, the boys fell short in the second half at Tonganoxie on Tuesday.
More like this story
- Follow Live: Girls-boys doubleheader between Mill Valley and Bonner Springs
- Taking a look back: BSHS winter teams bid farewell to decorated seniors
- Follow Live: Bonner Springs girls, boys at Piper, 6 p.m.
- Follow Live: Bonner Springs plays host to Lansing in rematch of double-overtime thriller
- A peek at sub-state: Breaking down the basketball brackets