LES chili supper set for Jan. 25
The Parent Teacher Club at Linwood Elementary School is having its ninth annual chili supper fundraiser from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 25, at the school, 215 Park St. in Linwood.
Funds raised at the supper are used for field trip buses, accelerated reader support and recognition day.
As part of the supper, there will also be a chili cook-off. The contest is limited to 10 entries and will require an entry fee of $10. The first-place chili will win $50, second place $30 and third place $20. Contact Katie Fritz at 913-208-6799 to register.
For those who prefer to eat rather than cook the chili, the buffet is $5 for adults and $2 for students. Children ages 3 and under eat for free. Drinks, dessert and chili cook-off judging samples are included in the buffet price.
There will also be raffle drawings for prizes and gift baskets assembled by students. Raffle tickets are $1 each or $5 for six, and you don’t need to be present for the drawing to win.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs city employee Justine Smith
- Hollywood Casino hotel process hitting home stretch
- True aim: Bonner Springs couple founds archery club
- Bonner council supports amphitheater renovation costs
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender