Basehor mentoring match visits Capitol
A Basehor youthfriends mentoring match had the honor of visiting the Capitol last week to celebrate Kansas Mentoring Month.
Basehor-Linwood High School sophomores Clark Briscoe and James Blauvelt attended with their YouthFriend mentor Donnie Dempewolf and Basehor YouthFriends Director Tammy Potts. Dempewolf has been mentoring Briscoe and Blauvelt in Basehor for five years.
Governor Sam Brownback signed a proclamation Jan. 10 declaring January Kansas Mentoring Month to recognize the importance of mentoring and to encourage more Kansans to serve as mentors in their communities.
More like this story
- Topeka High School teacher surprises student with car gift
- Ex-Kansas State researcher fails to get whistleblower status
- USD 458 board reviews culinary program, other high school developments
- Face to Face: Basehor-Linwood High coach Ross Schwisow
- Man injured after his handgun goes off in Kansas theater