Puckett, Seaton win titles at Husky Invitational
The Bonner Springs wrestling team placed fourth in the 20-team Husky Invitational at Blue Valley Northwest, led by first-place finishes by Josiah Seaton and Aaron Puckett.
Seaton (22-2) won the 106-pound title after earning a 2-0 decision victory against Blue Valley Northwest freshman Sam Elliott in the championship match. Puckett kept his undefeated season, improving to 26-0, by winning the tournament’s 160-pound bracket. Puckett pinned Blue Valley freshman A.J. Totta 1:20 into their championship match. Other Braves to place on Saturday included:
• Justus Seaton, second, 113 pounds
• Bryan Lanning, fifth, 145 pounds
• Patrick Ballard, sixth, 182 pounds
• Dominic Salvino, eighth, 138 pounds
• Johnathan Carter, eighth, 220 pounds
• Les Wessel, eighth, 285 pounds.
The Braves will next travel to Osawatomie for a triangular duals meet against Osawatomie and Santa Fe Trail at 5 p.m. Thursday and return to Osawatomie at 9 a.m. Saturday for the Osawatomie Tournament.
More like this story
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Westar Energy will return $38 million to customers
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education