Deegan scores 17, Hoffine records 10 steals in Top Gun Tournament win
Anna Deegan scored 17 points and Haley Hoffine recorded a double-double to help lead the BSHS girls basketball team to a 55-29 victory against host team Wellsville in the opening round of the Top Gun Tournament on Tuesday.
Hoffine scored 10 point and came up with 10 steals in the victory and the Braves recorded 24 total steals.
“We frustrated them all night long,” BSHS coach Clay Oakes said, adding that the Braves, meanwhile, turned the ball over just 10 times.
Deegan also came up with seven steals of her own and added six assists.
Julianne Jackson and Kennedy Bizzell each added eight points — Jackson also came up with eight rebounds — and Kaleigh Taylor scored seven points on to help advance BSHS to a 5:15 p.m. Thursday game against Spring Hill back in Wellsville. Spring Hill defeated Anderson County, 45-31, to set up a rematch of last year’s Top Gun Tournament title game, which the Braves won 48-40.
More like this story
- BSHS girls down Perry-Lecompton, 66-35, to reach Friday's sub-state semis
- BSHS girls advance to meet Baldwin in Top Gun Tournament title game Saturday
- BSHS girls under the weather, still on winning track
- BSHS girls, boys sweep Bishop Ward to extend winning streaks
- Friday night hoops: Deegan scores 30 in blowout, Lansing hands boys third straight loss