Basehor man dies in head-on collision on U.S. 24-40
An 86-year-old Basehor man has died after a two-vehicle head-on collision in southern Leavenworth Country, Wednesday afternoon.
Thomas Dale Holland, driving a 2002 Ford Ranger pickup truck westbound on U.S. Highway 24-40, crossed the center line striking the driver's side of a 2002 silver Dodge Caravan, driven by Caitlyn A. Coon, 19, also of Basehor.
Holland's vehicle overturned landing on the driver's side in the west ditch, killing Holland.
Coon was transported to Kansas University Hospital with unknown injuries.
The accident occurred around 4:30 p.m., at 25112 Chieftain Road, or U.S. Highway 24-40, about four miles south of Tonganoxie.
Coon was wearing a seat belt; Holland was not, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
An official at KU Hospital could neither confirm nor deny Coon was a patient Thursday morning.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Wichita school to establish NASA-inspired space program
- Kobach says Kansas attracted most new businesses since 2003