BSHS second at WYCO Invite
The Bonner Springs boys swimming team finished second behind Turner and ahead of Washington at the Jan. 24 WYCO Invitational at Turner High.
Jacob Kraus led all BSHS swimmers with a first-place performance in the 50-yard freestyle, where he finished with a time of 26.32 seconds.
The Braves also notched three runners-up performances at the meet. Thomas Hook placed second in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 6:35 and Hook, Kraus, Skyler Lucas and Jack Klingele placed second in the 200-yard freestyle relay with a time of 1:48. Kraus also placed second in the 100-yard backstroke, finishing in 1:14.
Griffin Mareske earned a pair of third-place finishes in the 200-yard individual medley (2:50) and 100-yard butterfly (1:25) events.
Meanwhile, the 200-yard medley relay team of Kraus, Klingele, Mareske and Hook placed third with a time of 2:12.
The Braves returned to competition on Wednesday at home. Stay tuned for more results.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- BLHS Jazz Night to raise funds for band program
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map