Basehor man appointed to state lottery commission
A Basehor man was included among the recent appointments to state boards and commissions announced by Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback.
James Washington, Basehor, has been confirmed for appointment by the Kansas Senate to serve a four-year term on the Kansas Lottery Commission. He currently works for Northrup Grumman Technical Services. Washington is also a retired Lieutenant Colonel from the Kansas Army National Guard.
The Kansas Lottery Commission holds monthly meetings at lottery headquarters in Topeka. The five commissioners are appointed by the governor to serve alternating four-year terms. The commission consults with and advises the Executive Director in establishing policy, approving major contracts, rules and regulations for lottery games and promotions, and approving the annual budget.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Kansas City Connection: Taking a tour up North
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament