KDOT offers meeting as construction begins on Phase 1 of K-7/I-70 project
The Kansas Department of Transportation will have a public open house next week to review the construction of Phase 1 of the Interstate 70 and Kansas Highway 7 interchange project.
The public may drop in between 5 and 7 p.m. July 30 at Bonner Springs High School, 100 N. McDanield. A short presentation will be given at 5:20 p.m. and again at 6:20 p.m.
Construction of phases 1-3 for the 10-phase interchange project has been funded through KDOT’s T-Works program. Project work began earlier this year with Phase 2A construction on the Riverview Avenue and 118th Street bridges over I-70. It is scheduled to be complete in November.
Phase 1 construction will begin this month and is scheduled for completion in late 2014. It will include a traffic light at K-7 and Speaker Road, a new loop ramp to both the northwest and southwest quadrants of the existing interchange, and the removal of the overpass and existing I-70 ramps from the southeast quadrant.
Phase 3 will shift I-70 to the south and widen it to six lanes between K-7 and 110th Street.
For more information about the open house, contact Kimberly Qualls at 785-296-0192.
More like this story
- Retirement celebration set for USD 458 bus coordinator
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Flash flood watch issued for Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte Counties