California man charged with rape following Cricket Wireless concert
Bonner Springs police arrested and charged a man accused of sexually assaulting a woman during a concert at Cricket Wireless Amphitheater earlier this week.
Lt. Rick Schubert said police arrested an 18-year-old man from Chino Hills, Calif., Tuesday following the Van Warped Tour concert. An 18-year-old Kansas City, Mo., woman contacted police after the concert, saying a vendor traveling with the concert tour had assaulted her in one of the temporary buildings on the site.
The man was charged Thursday with aggravated criminal sodomy and rape. His bond was set at $50,000; he remains in the Wyandotte County jail. The Chieftain and affiliated newspapers owned by The World Co. generally do not name those accused of sexual assault unless they are convicted.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- BLHS Jazz Night to raise funds for band program
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer