Juneteenth celebration set
The Bonner Springs Branch NAACP will have its Juneteenth Celebration 1-3 p.m. Saturday, June 15, at the central shelter house in Lions Park, 300 W. Morse.
Juneteenth is the oldest-known celebration of the Emancipation Proclamation. The Bonner Springs Branch’s event will include games, food and family events. The branch also will announce its scholarship winner for 2013, as well as the winner of the Martin Luther King Community scholarship. For more information, call 913-422-1313.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Bonner animal group says city's sluggish response was costly
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor