KSHSAA announces new state volleyball sites
The Kansas State High School Activities Association has announced new locations and schedules for state volleyball tournaments. The existing system was altered to accommodate for the recent split of Class 4A.
The Class 4A-I and 4A-II tournaments will both take place at the Bicentennial Center in Salina — the traditional home of the 4A tournament. Class 1A-I and 1A-II will take place at Gross Coliseum in Hays, 2A and 3A will take place at White Auditorium in Emporia and 5A and 6A will take place at the Kansas Expocentre in Topeka.
In odd-numbered years, odd-numbered classes will play first on each day. For scheduling purposes, 1A-I and 4A-I will be considered odd-numbered classes. State volleyball tournaments for the upcoming academic year will take place on Nov. 1-2.
Additional state site announcements will be released by KSHSAA at a later date. Other sports affected by the 4A split are football, baseball, basketball and softball.
More like this story
- University of Kansas student leaders outline diversity plan
- Emporia State investigation finds no evidence of hate crime
- Ex-candidate Wolf confronts Kansas Sen. Moran at town hall
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million