To the editor: Thanks for support
To the editor:
When my wife took the news from Sgt. Mark Zaretski that her father had passed away on February 22, one of the myriad variables she had to wrangle was an easy one: “take him to Alden-Harrington, please.”
As a longtime Bonner Springs resident, Al Stuchlik was an in-tune presence in the community. The local, family-owned funeral home was the same. The staff there became a tremendous and immediate resource to our family, allowing us to celebrate Al’s life exactly in accordance with his unplanned preference. The outpouring of support from Al’s Horseshoe Club friends, classmates from Bonner Springs High School, the staff and constituents at Vaughn-Trent Community Services and his beloved VFW Post brethren was pleasantly overwhelming.
We are still (slowly) adjusting to the sudden loss. In the short-term, we do have fond memories of the memorial and a deep appreciation for the comfort offered throughout. From the Police Department to the treasured staff at Alden-Harrington and through the last note of Taps at his inurnment, the Bonner Springs community was heartwarming in its sympathy and support.
More like this story
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Kansas to designate October as 'Zombie Preparedness Month'
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas