Resident seeks donations for children’s community garden
Bonner Springs resident Amanda Miller is launching the Bonner Springs Kids Community Garden, a free program to help children ages 5-16 to learn to grow organic food in a co-op environment. The garden will be located at 11831 Riverview, and about 25 children have signed up to take part. Miller is now searching for donations to offset the cost of materials.
To participate with the garden or make a donation, contact Amanda Miller, 913-956-8527 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The garden also can be found on Facebook, and “garden moms” are meeting at 10 a.m. each Friday at E.J.’s Coffee Shoppe and Bakery, 128 Oak Street.
More like this story
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Wichita says pot ordinance should be stayed till court rules