BLHS students earn engineering scholarships at competition
After competing in an engineering competition at Wichita State University, Basehor-Linwood High School students Paul Rehm and Jared Kenton have won $2,000-scholarships to WSU’s College of Engineering.
WSU hosts the Engineering Design and Development (EDD) Scholarship competition each year, which challenges teams of students to develop solutions to real-world engineering problems. Their solutions are then judged by professional engineers, faculty and alumni of the competition based on how they incorporated research, testing, real data and construction into their presentation.
Rehm and Kenton competed against more than 130 students for the scholarship.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest