BLHS students earn engineering scholarships at competition
After competing in an engineering competition at Wichita State University, Basehor-Linwood High School students Paul Rehm and Jared Kenton have won $2,000-scholarships to WSU’s College of Engineering.
WSU hosts the Engineering Design and Development (EDD) Scholarship competition each year, which challenges teams of students to develop solutions to real-world engineering problems. Their solutions are then judged by professional engineers, faculty and alumni of the competition based on how they incorporated research, testing, real data and construction into their presentation.
Rehm and Kenton competed against more than 130 students for the scholarship.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls