Balanced showing leads BSHS girls swim team to second at WyCo Championships
Each swimmer on the Bonner Springs girls swim team scored points for the Braves at the WyCo Championships at Turner on Thursday.
Robyn Lewis scored the maximum of 18 individual points while senior Stephanie Rose turned in the best performance of her season, notching 13 points.
Madison Stumbough added 12 and Cheyanne Miller and Lei’Onna Smith each scored 11. Also coming through for BSHS was Liz Barger, Amber Lies, Jessica Christensen and Akiko Capalla. Meanwhile, the Braves received 42 points from their relay teams.
BSHS edged Turner for second overall after emerging in the 400-yard freestyle relay. A combined team of Bishop Ward and Piper was the only team to top BSHS at the invitational.
Next up will be Wednesday’s Kaw Valley League Championship at the YMCA Pool.
More like this story
- Kansas State researches using drones to protect crops
- Hollywood Casino hotel process hitting home stretch
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives