Scouting volunteer recognized
Bruce Coleman of Bonner Springs was named the United Way of Wyandotte County Volunteer of the Year for the Boy Scouts.
Coleman has volunteered with local Scout Troop 149 for 35 years, including serving as scoutmaster for several years and a leader for Cub Scout Pack 3149. He retired as a scoutmaster in 2009 but continued as a Kaw District committee member, assisting leaders and scoutmasters. He served as volunteer liaison and oversaw all aspects of district operations, helping the district earn a silver “Journey to Excellence” rank.
Coleman was recognized with the award at an event April 23.
More like this story
- Police make 2nd arrest in robberies near K-State campus
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'