BSHS softball rebounds for split against regional opponent Tonganoxie
The Bonner Springs softball team added one more win in a split against Tonganoxie ahead of next week’s Class 4A regional tournament — doing so against a team it will meet in the tournament’s first round.
After falling 8-5 in the opener of Wednesday’s doubleheader, BSHS (5-12) rebounded in a big way, winning 12-1 in the nightcap.
The Braves’ bats came alive in the second game, tagging Tonganoxie for 14 hits. Alexis Tendick went 3-for-3 with a triple and scored a team-high three runs. Cassady Holloway went 2-for-2 with two doubles and two RBIs, and both Katie Carpenter and Meagan Laughlin batted in a pair of runs as well. Earlier, in game one, Geena Harris went 3-for-3 with two RBIs and Mikayla Reed scored three runs in the loss.
The Braves have the No. 6 seed entering Monday’s regional tournament in Eudora. BSHS will open the tournament against No. 3 Tonganoxie (11-7) at 3:30 p.m. The winner will advance to the regional semifinal against the winner of No. 2 Basehor-Linwood and No. 7 Bishop Ward.
More like this story
- BLHS, BSHS baseball teams' focus turns to regionals after splitting regular season finale
- BLHS-BSHS baseball concludes season with makeup game
- Briefly: Kasick, Lackner hit homers in BLHS softball sweep of BSHS; Hoffine has hat trick for Braves
- BLHS, BSHS softball teams belt their way to regional semifinal rematch
- BSHS baseball wins first in split against Eudora