Drug investigation nets 81 arrests in northeast Kansas
JUNCTION CITY — The Kansas Bureau of investigation says 81 people were arrested on drug-related charges after a lengthy investigation by local and state authorities.
The KBI said in a news release Thursday that arrests were made Tuesday and Wednesday in and around Junction City, Manhattan, Grandview Plaza and Ogden. Many of the arrests involved conspiracy to distribute crack cocaine.
Investigators seized a variety of narcotics and 17 firearms. The KBI says several children were placed in protective custody after the arrests.
The 13-month investigation was conducted by the KBI, Geary County law enforcement, Junction City police and Grandview Plaza police. More than 180 members of law enforcement worked on the operation.
More like this story
- Offender arrested for threatening gesture
- Three victims identified in Ottawa homicide; police searching for missing child; "person of interest" being questioned
- Local man ordered to stand trial in drug case
- Randy Leach still missing after 26 years, KBI case file remains sealed
- Major crimes continue to drop in Bonner, Edwardsville