Click It or Ticket seat belt campaign starts Monday
Basehor Police Department will join more than 140 other law enforcement agencies across the state for the Click It or Ticket campaign starting Monday and continuing to Sunday June 2.
Drivers will see increased police presence and can expect strict enforcement of the Safety Belt Use Act and the Child Passenger Safety Act.
Officers can stop vehicles and issue tickets if they observe front seat occupants, or children under the age of 14, riding without proper restraint. Occupants ages 14 and over are cited individually.
Children under the age of four must be secured in a child safety seat and children ages four through seven must be securely belted into an approved booster seat unless taller than 4 feet 9 inches or heavier than 80 pounds.
More like this story
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Hollywood Casino delays start of hotel project
- Kansas to hold meetings, consider options for drone usage
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event