McClain’s 11th-place finish leads BSHS at state golf tournament
Marc McClain led the Bonner Springs boys golf team with an 11th-place finish at Monday’s Class 4A state tournament in Cheney.
McClain’s 75 tied with three other golfers. Also on Monday, Jake Laing shot a 78 to tie with five other golfers and round out the top 25.
BSHS placed ninth out of 12 teams with a score of 332. Wichita Collegiate won the tournament with a 299, followed by Piper (305) in second and Topeka Hayden (316) in third.
Tristan Abts finished with an 80 to end his BSHS career. Abts will next golf at Johnson County Community College.
Stay tuned for more coverage.
More like this story
- Kansas project to focus on lesser known historical figures
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- USD 458 students accepted into honor choirs
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts