Chase near Tonganoxie ends with two people taken into custody
A vehicle chase Wednesday morning near Tonganoxie ended with two people being taken into custody.
Maj. Jim Sherley with the Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office said a man and woman were taken into custody following the chase, which ended in the 20500 block of 235th Street, or County Road 30, about 2 miles northwest of Tonganoxie.
Sherley did not have information on the chase itself, as the Kansas Highway Patrol was the lead agency on the case. The sheriff’s office assisted KHP, which also had a helicopter unit on scene during the chase.
Sherley said the two people were taken into custody about 11 a.m. He did not have information about their names.
Check back to our site for more on this story.
More like this story
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Man convicted in Jewish site killings is sentenced to death
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Final Harvest: Bush Farm prepares for last day
- Visitors flock to see sunflower sensation south of Tonganoxie