Letter: Thanks for Marble Day coverage
To the editor: The Chieftain coverage and photos of the Bonner Springs Marble Day Parade were enjoyable print edition features the week of May 9, 2013.
New Mayor Jeff Harrington was a clear photo feature in the parade photo spread newsprint edition, and I welcome Mr. Harrington as the new Bonner Springs city mayor.
We had to say goodbye to longtime retiring Mayor Clausie Smith this spring, but I still enjoy Mr. Smith’s Chieftain news and sports column regularly as a Chieftain weekly reader.
I also enjoy the regular sports and news coverage in The Chieftain of Bonner Springs school district events, because I am a Class of 1979 Bonner Springs High School alumni and former Braves sports writer among the Bonner Springs community residents.
Thanks again for continuing coverage of the Bonner Springs community.
Mark L. Lee
More like this story
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Kansas House committee delays review of Democrat's remarks
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas lifts teacher licensure requirement in 6 districts
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas