Ferrellgas Partners acquire KanGas Corporation of Basehor
Overland Park Ferrellgas partners, L.P., of Overland Park, Kan., announced Monday the acquisition of the KanGas Corporation, an independent propane company based in Basehor.
Ferrellgas is one of the country’s largest distributors of propane and serves customers in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The company announced the acquisition of KanGas Corporation, a competitor of more than 30-years, in a Monday press release.
“They’ve been a tremendous competitor for more than 30 of our nearly 75 years in business,’ said President and Chief Executive Office Steve Wambold in the release. “KanGas has a strong reputation for service and safety, and we’re pleased to welcome their employees and customers to the Ferrellgas family.”
Ferrellgas did not disclose specific terms of the sale. Scott Brockelmeyer, Vice President of Communications and marketing at Ferrellgas, said Tuesday that all non-ownership roles at KanGas have been offered positions with Ferrellgas through the partnership.
The acquisition of KanGas, located off Rural Route 1/222nd Street, was the first for Ferrellgas this fiscal year. Last year, the company completed five acquisitions including Utah-based Western Petroleum, New York-based Mr. Bar-B-Q and Connecticut-based IGS Propane.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction