Local scoreboard: BSHS volleyball sweeps Turner, Mill Valley tops BLHS in league play
• The Bonner Springs volleyball team secured a sweep of Turner on Tuesday, winning in three sets (25-9, 25-16, 25-7). The Braves will next play in a triangular meet at Atchison that also includes Schlagle.
• After placing third in the Louisburg Tournament, the Basehor-Linwood volleyball team lost in league play, 4-1, at Mill Valley on Tuesday. The Bobcats return to play on Oct. 8 at home against Turner.
• An Ottawa High-hosted cross-country meet, at which Basehor-Linwood and Bonner Springs were to compete on Saturday, was canceled because of rain and will not be made up. The Bobcats will next compete at Baldwin High at 8:30 a.m. Saturday and the Braves are next scheduled to compete at the Wyandotte County Championships at 3:30 p.m., Oct. 10 at Wyandotte County Park.
• The Bonner Springs boys soccer team defeated Spring Hill, 1-0, on Monday and returned to competition on Wednesday at home against Topeka Seaman. Results were not available at press time.
• Basehor-Linwood’s boys soccer team split a pair of games to open the week. On Monday, the Bobcats defeated Bishop Ward, 5-2, in a makeup game of a previously postponed game last month. The Bobcats later fell, 2-1, against Piper on Tuesday. BLHS returns to play at 6 p.m. Thursday for senior night against Lansing.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood volleyball earns league victory against Bonner Springs
- Basehor, Bonner volleyball squads post 1-2 records in opening meet
- Braves' Stanley named to All-Tournament Team; BSHS gets league victory
- Basehor-Linwood volleyball squad roughed up at Lansing Invitational
- No. 4 Lions sweep at home, improve to 18-1