Top BSHS doubles team wins De Soto tennis tournament
Hannah Hunt and Alexus Tendick won the No. 1 doubles bracket of Monday's Wildcat Invitational in De Soto.
Hunt and Tendick won four of five rounds that saw them pitted against De Soto, Lansing, KC Christian, Leavenworth and Atchison. Overall, the Braves placed fifth in the six-team tournament.
The Wildcat Invitational was previously scheduled for Saturday, but rain forced the tournament to be postponed to Monday.
Hunt and Tendick earned an 8-4 win against Lansing in round one, defeated KC Christian, 8-5, in the second round and also earned wins against Atchison (8-2) and Leavenworth.
Against the Pioneers, Hunt and Tendick went to overtime before winning, 8-7 (9-7). De Soto was the only team to defeat the Braves' top doubles team, handing them an 8-3 defeat in the final round. By then, however, the duo's four victories were enough to claim the overall tournament title in their bracket.
Next up will be the annual BSHS Invitational, which the Braves will host at 8:30 a.m. Thursday. Baldwin, De Soto, Highland Park, Olathe East, Perry-Lecompton and Sumner are all expected to compete.
More like this story
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown