Top BSHS doubles team wins De Soto tennis tournament
Hannah Hunt and Alexus Tendick won the No. 1 doubles bracket of Monday's Wildcat Invitational in De Soto.
Hunt and Tendick won four of five rounds that saw them pitted against De Soto, Lansing, KC Christian, Leavenworth and Atchison. Overall, the Braves placed fifth in the six-team tournament.
The Wildcat Invitational was previously scheduled for Saturday, but rain forced the tournament to be postponed to Monday.
Hunt and Tendick earned an 8-4 win against Lansing in round one, defeated KC Christian, 8-5, in the second round and also earned wins against Atchison (8-2) and Leavenworth.
Against the Pioneers, Hunt and Tendick went to overtime before winning, 8-7 (9-7). De Soto was the only team to defeat the Braves' top doubles team, handing them an 8-3 defeat in the final round. By then, however, the duo's four victories were enough to claim the overall tournament title in their bracket.
Next up will be the annual BSHS Invitational, which the Braves will host at 8:30 a.m. Thursday. Baldwin, De Soto, Highland Park, Olathe East, Perry-Lecompton and Sumner are all expected to compete.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Police make 2nd arrest in robberies near K-State campus
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Police arrest man, 32, after another dies at Edgerton bar
- Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita