BLHS cross country runs at Baldwin
The Basehor-Linwood High girls finished sixth and the boys ninth Saturday at the Gary Gribble Saucony Cross Country Classic at Baldwin City Golf Course.
The Bobcat girls finished with 136 team points — 96 behind champion Shawnee Mission Northwest. Junior Quinnlyn Walcott just missed a top-10 individual finish, coming in 11th with a time of 16:07.42. Seniors Ally Laney (17:20.84) and Rebecca Carroll (17:34.17) joined Walcott in the top 40, coming in 33rd and 38th, respectively.
Freshmen Calder Hollond (43rd, 18:20.13) and Claire Walsh (46th, 18:42.34) rounded out team scoring. Senior Sara Rehm (47th, 18:43.47) and freshman Marina Pebley (51st, 18:52.41) also ran, but their times didn't count in the team standings.
The boys carded a team score of 215. Bishop Carroll (31) won the team title. BLHS senior Tanner Tavis led the team individually, finishing 29th with a time of 5:40.2. Fellow senior Johnny Fulkerson (43rd, 17:55.75) and freshman Zach McKnight (46th, 18:02.04) also finished in the top 50.
Senior Mark Vitt (52nd, 18:14.09) and junior Casey Jones (74th, 18:52.55) accounted for the Bobcats' final team scores. Juniors Jacob Cook (78th, 19:18.93) and Daniel Tady (82nd, 19:35.99) also ran at the meet.
BLHS will return to action Thursday at the Pleasant Ridge Invitational in Easton.
More like this story
- Walcott, Laney have record-setting performances as BLHS girls take 1st at Pleasant Ridge
- McGowan, Walcott lead Bobcats to team victories at West Franklin Invite
- BLHS cross-country teams earn pair of victories in McBurney Invitational
- Schuler ninth at BSHS Invitational; McGowan, Walcott lead BLHS
- Walcott delivers another record-setting performance, qualifies for state