Prescription drug drop-offs to be offered Saturday
Unused and expired prescription drugs can be dropped off later this month at designated spots throughout Leavenworth County for disposal.
Drugs can be dropped off between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday in Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth and Fort Leavenworth.
Locations are Basehor Community Library, 1400 158th St. in Basehor; The Medicine Store, 760 Northstar Court, Tonganoxie; Lansing City Hall, 800 First Terrace; Price Chopper, 2107 South Fourth St., and Dillons, 720 Eisenhower Road in Leavenworth; and AAFES Post Exchange, 330 Kansas Avenue, Building 700, at Fort Leavenworth.
In addition to the businesses serving as drop-off points, the drive is being sponsored by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, Lansing, Leavenworth, Basehor and Tonganoxie police departments, Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office, Regional Prevention Center of Wyandotte and Leavenworth counties, Project LEAD of Leavenworth County and Kansas City Kansas Community College.
More like this story
- Retirement celebration set for USD 458 bus coordinator
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- Ag Hall's Tractor Daze to include hall of fame inductions
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Tractor Daze event expected to be bigger, better