Basehor Mahjongg group donates food, money
The Mahjongg group at the Basehor Community Library donated a substantial amount of food and a check for $44 on Monday to Basehor-Linwood Assistance Services (BLAS) after collecting food for the last month.
The 4 Winds Mahjongg League, headed by Susie Fehseke, is a group of about 20 members that meets every Monday evening and Friday afternoon to play mahjongg, a Chinese tile-based game. The group has now become one of the many organizations within the library to donate to BLAS. BLAS, located at behind the Basehor United Methodist Church on 155th Street, and collects food and other donations for yearly operations such as the Basehor Backpack Buddies and the Basehor Food Pantry. BLAS chairwoman Glenda Briscoe said BLAS reaches and provides food to about 25 families in need per week, totalling about 100 family members.
For more information about mahjongg or the league, call Basehor Community Library at 913-724-2828.
More like this story
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- State testing bird flocks in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas farm experts plan webinar on crop insurance
- Brownback supports rural incentives program amid skepticism