BLHS soccer season ends with loss at Piper
The Basehor-Linwood soccer team battled one of the Kaw Valley League's best in regional semifinal action Tuesday, but ultimately saw its season come to an end.
The 11th-seeded Bobcats trailed No. 2 Piper by just a goal at half, but couldn't generate enough offense after the break in a 2-1 loss at PHS.
Piper (12-5) opened scoring with a goal midway through the first half and took a 1-0 lead into intermission. It doubled its advantage early in the second, but Bobcat junior Zach Ferguson scored to make it 2-1 late in the period.
That's as close as BLHS could get, though, as it dropped its second one-goal decision to the Pirates this season. The Bobcats also fell to 2-1 at PHS in a regular-season meeting on Oct. 1.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row