BLHS soccer season ends with loss at Piper
The Basehor-Linwood soccer team battled one of the Kaw Valley League's best in regional semifinal action Tuesday, but ultimately saw its season come to an end.
The 11th-seeded Bobcats trailed No. 2 Piper by just a goal at half, but couldn't generate enough offense after the break in a 2-1 loss at PHS.
Piper (12-5) opened scoring with a goal midway through the first half and took a 1-0 lead into intermission. It doubled its advantage early in the second, but Bobcat junior Zach Ferguson scored to make it 2-1 late in the period.
That's as close as BLHS could get, though, as it dropped its second one-goal decision to the Pirates this season. The Bobcats also fell to 2-1 at PHS in a regular-season meeting on Oct. 1.
More like this story
- BLHS boys punch state ticket, girls fall just short
- Smith, O'Bryan lead list of soccer honorees
- Fall sports in review: Historic cross country season highlights Bobcats' fall campaign
- BLHS volleyball falls to Pirates in sub-state finals
- Taking a look back: BLHS volleyball run, state trip for runners highlights fall