KU Athletics nutritionist to deliver presentation open to Basehor community
Kansas University Athletics nutritionist Aaron Carbuhn will deliver a presentation for the Basehor community at the Basehor-Linwood High auditorium from 7:45 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. on Sept. 18.
Carbuhn is a sports nutritionist for Kansas Athletics. His presentation is open to all members of the community and will address frequently asked questions about sports nutrition and supplements. Carbuhn is entering his fourth season at KU and oversees the nutritional needs of all KU sports teams.
His work often puts him in charge of team education sessions, one-on-one nutrition counseling, body composition testing, meal plan creation and planning menus for pre- and post-competition team meals.
Carbuhn has a bachelor's degree in nutritional science and dual master's degrees in sports physiology and nutrition at Texas A&M. He is also a certified collegiate strength and conditioning coach through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Character development key for youngest scouts
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food