BLHS cross-country teams earn pair of victories in McBurney Invitational
Basehor-Linwood's cross-country teams were led by a pair of top-three individual finishers at the Sept. 12 McBurney Invitational hosted by Santa Fe Trail High School.
Luke McGowan placed third with a time of 17:48 to lead the boys team and Quinn Walcott placed second with a time of 17:35 to lead the girls.
Both teams were able to notch overall victories, having little trouble outpacing the field. The boys took first by a margin of 46 points, finishing with 27 compared with Kansas City Christian's 73. The girls also finished with 27 points, placing ahead of Osage City's 52 points.
The BLHS boys team had five runners finish in the top 10. Johnny Fulkerson placed fifth (18:12) and was followed by teammates Tanner Tavis (18:13, sixth), Zach McKnight (18:25, eighth) and Mark Vitt (18:39, ninth).
Casey Jones, meanwhile, finished 15th with at time of 19:30 and was joined by Jacob Cook at 16th with a time of 19:35.
Walcott was also not alone in the top 10 of her race. Ally Laney finished sixth with a time of 18:51 and Calder Hollond finished seventh with a time of 18:55.
Erin Leach finished 12th with a time of 19:54. Also scoring points for BLHS were Sara Rehm (20:48), Claire Walsh (20:54) and Marina Pebley (20:59), who placed 20th through 22nd, respectively.
More like this story
- Deuces wild: Basehor-Linwood boys, girls runners finish 2nd at McBurney Invitational
- Deuces wild: BLHS boys, girls 2nd at Santa Fe Trail
- Bobcats place second in season-opening cross-country invitational
- McGowan, Walcott lead Bobcats to team victories at West Franklin Invite
- Walcott, Laney have record-setting performances as BLHS girls take 1st at Pleasant Ridge