Briefly: BSHS United Soccer team to compete, homecoming on deck, latest scores
United Soccer team to be showcased next month
Bonner Springs High’s United Soccer team, which pairs high school students with peers who have intellectual disabilities, has already logged several practices and is ready to be showcased.
The team will play a scrimmage during halftime of the BSHS junior varsity football team’s 6 p.m., Oct. 7 game against Mill Valley at David Jaynes Field.
Students involved include Jordan Jackson, Weston Vitt, Julianne Jackson, Itzel Soto, Nikolai Christoff, Jacob Sopher, Dylan Clark and Philip Holcomb.
Homecoming festivities on deck Friday
Bonner Springs High’s Friday football game with Piper will coincide with the school’s 2013 homecoming festivities.
Before the game, a 5 p.m. parade will begin at 2nd and Oak streets. The route includes Oak Street and K-32 Highway and will conclude in the BSHS faculty parking lot.
Upon the conclusion of the parade, a pep rally will begin. Events will include the BSHS band, football captains, a DJ, inflatables, sumo wrestling and pep rally. Price Chopper will also be sponsoring concessions. Money raised by food sold will go to the BSHS football and volleyball teams.
Finally, at halftime of the football game, the 2013 homecoming king and queens will be crowned.
• Boys soccer: Mill Valley 10, Basehor-Linwood 0
• Volleyball: Bonner Springs lost to Lansing (19-25, 12-22, 12-25) on Sept. 24.
• Boys soccer: Lansing 2, Bonner Springs 0, Sept. 23
• Girls tennis: Bonner Springs High’s Hannah Hunt and Alexus Tendick placed fourth at the Sept. 21 Mill Valley High Tournament.
• Volleyball: Bonner Springs lost to Spring Hill, Blue Valley Southwest and Gardner-Edgerton, Sept. 19.
Report scores and/or share photos by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.