Tonganoxie man killed in motorcycle wreck; funeral Saturday
A 20-year-old Tonganoxie man died Sunday in a motorcycle crash near Perry in Jefferson County.
Blake A. Sneed was headed west on U.S. Highway 24 about 1 mile east of Perry when he lost control of his 2005 Honda Sport motorcycle. Sneed went into the north ditch where the motorcycle struck a culvert, according to Kansas Highway Patrol reports. The accident happened about 3 p.m.
Sneed was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the KHP. He was wearing a helmet.
He was a 2011 Basehor-Linwood High School graduate. He would have turned 21 on April 24.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Saturday at Tonganoxie Christian Church’s Family Life Center. Burial will follow in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
The family will receive friends from 5-8 p.m. Friday at the church.
More like this story
- Chronic wasting disease spreads to 6 more Kansas counties
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas attorney general appoints new civil litigation chief
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat