Mill Valley baseball sweeps Basehor-Linwood
Basehor The Mill Valley High baseball team swept a doubleheader Thursday afternoon at Basehor-Linwood High, 12-2 and 9-0.
Brenden Shutt went the distance in the first game, allowing six hits and striking out five.
Zach Hanna made his first varsity start for MVHS in game two and pitched six innings, while walking three.
The Jaguars got on the board in the first inning of game one when Hanna knocked in Tyler Garrison on an RBI single. Hanna then scored when Jake Hanson drove him in.
The Bobcats got one back in the second inning when Dane Quigley drew a bases loaded walk, but that was all they could squander as Jake Hahn popped out to short to end the inning.
MVHS tagged Hahn for six runs in the seventh inning to break it wide open after he relieved starter Avery Fliger.
Ashton Findley had the most success against Shutt, going 2-for-3 with a walk and run scored.
For the Jaguars Garrison went 3-5 with two RBIs, a stolen base and a run scored. Hanna went 2-for-5, as did Bryce Lievens. Tyler Willard, who batted in the seven hole, went 2-for-3 with and RBI and two runs scored.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday