Bobcat track and field competes at Lansing
BLHS sets sights on today’s home meet
The Basehor-Linwood track and field team was back in action Tuesday at the Lansing Invitational. The Bobcat girls came in seventh out of 10 teams with 28 points, while the boys placed ninth with 27.5 points.
No BLHS athletes won individual titles, but Claire Walsh took second in the girls 300-meter hurdles, crossing the finish line in 54.71 seconds. Jensen Walcott and Casey Eberth also earned top-three finishes, coming in third in the 100-meter hurdles and pole vault, respectively.
On the boys side, the 4x800-meter relay team came in second with a time of 8:49.79. Meanwhile, Dylan Tavis earned a bronze medal in the 800-meter run.
Atchison won the girls team title with 127 points, while AHS and Maranatha Academy tied for the boys title with 98 points each. The Bobcats will return to competition when they host their home meet at 4 p.m. today. The field is comprised of BLHS, Bishop Ward, Bonner Springs, Perry-Lecompton, Piper, Pleasant Ridge, Sumner Academy, Tonganoxie and Turner.
Girls team results
- Atchison, 127; 2. Lansing, 107; 3. St. James Academy, 84; 4. Pleasant Ridge, 59; 5. Maranatha Academy, 56; 6. Leavenworth-Immaculata, 35; 7. Basehor-Linwood, 28; 8. Piper, 22; 9. Mill Valley, 18; 10. Tonganoxie, 4.
BLHS individual placers
Second place: Claire Walsh, 300-meter hurdles (54.71).
Third place: Jensen Walcott, 100-meter hurdles (18.71); Casey Ebert, pole vault (6-6).
Fourth place: Brie Spencer, 100-meter hurdles (19.18).
Sixth place: Nia Sitzman, 100-meter hurdles (20.53); 4x100-meter relay team (58.09).
Boys team results
T1. Maranatha Academy, 98; T1. Atchison, 98; 3. Piper, 75; 4. Lansing, 64; 5. Tonganoxie, 52; 6. St. James Academy, 49; 7. Mill Valley, 47; 8. Pleasant Ridge, 41; 9. Basehor-Linwood, 27.5; 10. Leavenworth-Immaculata, 4.
BLHS individual placers
Second place: 4x800-meter relay team (8:49.79)
Third place: Dylan Tavis, 800-meter run (2:09.68)
Fourth place: Luke McGowan, 3,200-meter run (11:09.59); 4x100-meter relay team (47.93);
Fifth place: 4x400-meter relay team (3:55.6); Kade Tatkenhorst, triple jump (36-3.5)
Sixth place: Kade Tatkenhorst, 400-meter run (57.41)
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Mature Living: Many parents offer their retirement savings to pay for children's education
- Bonner animal group says city's sluggish response was costly
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Face to Face: Edwardsville paramedic Christy Johnson