Archive for Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Basehor Town Square gas leak forces vet evacuation

The Fairmount Township Fire Department and Basehor Police Department responded to a gas leak Tuesday morning at the Basehor Town Square. A leaking gas stove was found at Jalapeños Mexican Grill.

The Fairmount Township Fire Department and Basehor Police Department responded to a gas leak Tuesday morning at the Basehor Town Square. A leaking gas stove was found at Jalapeños Mexican Grill.

April 15, 2014

— A leaking gas stove at Jalapeños Mexican Grill in the Basehor Town Square on Tuesday morning forced the evacuation of the Basehor Vet Clinic.

Capt. Jim Dickey of the Fairmount Township Fire Department said someone in the veterinary office reported the smell at about 8:15 a.m. The fire department, Basehor police and responders from Atmos Energy evacuated the area and found the leak from inside the restaurant.

The Basehor Veterinary Clinic was forced to evacuate its employees and animals, Dickey said. The veterinary employees were the only tenants in the Basehor Town Square, Dickey said, at the time of the evacuation.

Dickey said the gas stove was repaired and the evacuation was lifted by about 9 a.m.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.