Basehor library hosting final science discussion of series on Apr. 29
The Basehor Community Library's Pushing the Limits science discussion series concludes Apr. 29 with its fourth discussion about science and the various ways it affects everyone's daily life.
Tuesday's guest speaker is Rex Buchanan, the Director of the Kansas Geological Survey. The focus of the event is water in Kansas as it the challenges facing the state as prepares for a changing future climate.
A short video highlighting the struggle to survive on a multi-generational farm will also be featured. The video showcases the Shrum farming family as it pushes its limits to survive as farmers while also bringing that survival instinct to their recreational activities – demolition derbies. Also accompanying the discussion, the book "Arctic Drift," by Clive Cussler, will be available to rent from the library.
Buchanan's discussion is at 6-7:30 p.m. in the Basehor Community Library and is free to the public. A light dinner will be provided.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes