Bonner Springs-area lanes of I-70 to shift, narrow for construction
The Kansas Department of Transportation recently announced that construction of the new interchange at Interstate 70 and Kansas Highway 7 soon will affect traffic on I-70.
Eastbound I-70/Kansas Turnpike from 134th Street to just west of K-7 will be shifted to the north, restricted to two 12-foot wide lanes and both the inside and outside shoulders will be reduced to 4-foot. This will begin sometime this week and is scheduled to continue through Oct. 1.
This traffic shift is for adjacent ramp construction work for Phase One of the K-7 & I-70 Interchange Project.
Traffic will be directed through the project work zone via signage and concrete barriers. Drivers should expect minor delays during their daily commutes.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets