Basehor Dairy Days begins June 7
The ninth annual Basehor Dairy Days is scheduled to kick off June 7 at Basehor City Park and the brand new Crazy Cow 5K run and walk along with other special events.
Basehor Dairy Days Association and the Basehor Chamber of Commerce have teamed up to bring the 5K event back to Dairy Days and the money raised from the race will go back to the Dairy DaysAssociation for future events. The race will begin at the city park and will head northeast to Meyer Drive before looping back to the park. Registration for the race is $30 before May 1 and $35 after. The Basehor Chamber of Commerce is accepting sponsors for the 5K race through May 9.
Dairy Day sis held annually in June and pays homage to the city's rich dairy history. Attractions include inflatables, a cow milking machine, pony rides, carnival games, craft vendors and a petting zoo. For more information, contact Lila White at (913)724-2963.
Here is the schedule of events:
• 7:30 a.m.: Crazy Cow 5k Run/walk (all ages)
• 7:30-10:30 a.m.: Chris Cakes Pancake Breakfast
• 9 a.m.: Leukemia and Lymphoma Society .1k run
• 10-11 a.m.: White Tiger Martial Arts performance
• 11 a.m.: Gunsmoke & Petticoats Old West Show
• 12 p.m.: Sarah's Studio of Dance performance
• 1 p.m.: Gunsmoke & Petticoats Old West Show
• 1:30-3:30 p.m.: The Fairmounters band
• 3 p.m.: Gunsmoke & Petticoats Old West Show
Other events 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.:
Kansa Lions Mobile Health Screening Unit, free.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Kansas corn check off to increase to 1 cent per bushel
- Kansas House soundly rejects plan to avert steep budget cuts
- Kansas state workers could be furloughed if budget delayed