Kansas thieves swipe entire home kitchen
Wichita Wichita police say someone stole everything — including the kitchen sink — from a model home.
The thieves stripped the kitchen at the Clayton Homes in south Wichita, taking all the upscale appliances, wood cabinets off the walls and the sink.
General manager Kevin McCracken says the model unit was nearly ready for display when the theft occurred, sometime between 9 p.m. Sunday and 8 a.m. Monday.
KWCH-TV reports the missing appliances, cabinets, counters and sink, and all the damage were worth several thousand dollars.
Police say the thieves took the kitchen either for themselves or to sell.
More like this story
- Basehor fundraiser carries on tradition of support for Safe Harbor
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- KCMO gallery plans Ulmer exhibit
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station