Basehor library hosting author Andy Marso
Basehor Former Basehor Senitnel sports reporter and current Topeka Capital-Journal reporter Andy Marso is visiting the Basehor Community Library Saturday at 11 a.m. to discuss his new book about surviving an almost fatal meningitis infection.
In April 2004, Marso was working as a sports reporter for the Basehor Sentinel when he was struck down by a bacterial meningitis infection. In his memoir, Worth the Pain:How Meningitis Nearly Killed Me—Then Changed My Life for the Better, Marso explains his transformative months during a long hospitalization in which he fought for his life and his limbs.
Marso's book was published late last year by Kansas City Star Publishing.
More like this story
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- KCMO gallery plans Ulmer exhibit
- Kansas City Connection: Pick up a unique gift at an upcoming arts and crafts fair
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27