Bobcat basketball teams sweep De Soto
After nearly a week off from live competition, the Basehor-Linwood basketball teams returned to their home floor Friday for a pair of non-league meetings with De Soto. The Bobcat girls left with a 54-47 win, while the boys defeated the Wildcats, 68-57.
The girls (9-3) opened up a 28-12 halftime lead, but De Soto didn't allow the Bobcats to pull away after the break. The first-half deficit proved too steep, though as BLHS hung on for the victory. Victoria Smith led the Bobcats with 25 points and Madison McDowell added nine.
The boys (10-2) clung to a one-point lead at the break, 24-23, but gained some separation in the third quarter. They entered the fourth ahead by nine and went 17-of-21 at the free throw line in the final period alone.
Chase Younger led four Bobcats in double figures with 18 points. He was joined by JP Downing (14), Patrick Muldoon (12) and Zach McNabb (11).
Both Bobcat teams were scheduled to host Bishop Ward on Tuesday, but the games were postponed until Wednesday because of the potential of inclement weather. If the weather forces another delay Wednesday, they'll be played Feb. 22.
More like this story
- Basehor-area Legislator seeks Common Core comments
- Basehor-Linwood's Trowbridge wins national title
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Salina company acquires 13 vintage record presses
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board