Kansas man sent to jail for throwing cat against wall
HUTCHINSON A Hutchinson man was sentenced to a year in jail after killing a cat by throwing it against a wall.
Reno County District Court Judge Joseph McCarville on Wednesday sentenced 25-year-old Bradlee Ellis, who pleaded no contest in October to misdemeanor animal cruelty.
The Hutchinson News reports that one year in prison is the maximum sentence for the crime.
Hutchinson police arrested Ellis and Emileigh Martens in October 2013 after finding the cat dead at their home. The pair reportedly told officers they were upset that the cat kept going to the bathroom inside the house.
Martens pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor cruelty to animals. Court records do not show a scheduled trial date.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Dairy Days announces parking changes due to rain
- Thrills and chills: Organizers expecting bigger, busier Tiblow Days
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups