Kansas driver pleads guilty to killing horse, rider
Wichita A Wichita man pleaded guilty to two felonies for a hit-and-run accident that killed a man who was riding a horse.
A boy also was injured after a car driven by 26-year-old George Childers hit the horse last July 5 and then fled. The horse had to be euthanized.
Childers hit a horse being ridden by 49-year-old Lloyd Ferguson and 6-year-old Eddie Caddell.
The Wichita Eagle reports Childers will be sentenced April 2 for leaving the scene of an accident and one count of interference with law enforcement. He was scheduled to go to trial this week.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- BSHS grad returns to Bonner to promote book
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it