REGIONAL WRESTLING UPDATE: Bobcats qualify five for state
Holton Five Basehor-Linwood wrestlers will represent their school next weekend at the Class 4A state tournament in Salina.
Corbin Nirschl (106) and Josh Summers (145) punched their state tickets Friday, wrestling their way to the finals of their respective weight classes in regional opening action at Holton. Dalton Inlow (138), John Hopper (152) and Cory McCleary (160) joined the party Saturday, as each went 2-0 and finished third.
BLHS entered Saturday with seven other wrestlers still alive, but all were eliminated from contention.
As a team, the Bobcats are currently in second place with 121.5 points. Host school Holton leads the ranks with 222 points.
Nirschl and Summers will wrap up their day when the finals begin at about 6:30 p.m. Nirschl will take on Sumner Academy's Emmanuel Browne, while Summers will wrestle against Royal Valley's Bryce Golightley. Follow The Sentinel on Twitter or like us on Facebook for updates.
More like this story
- USD 458 employee becomes 2015 district graduate
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure