Leavenworth’s Heritage Center to have Mardi Gras party Saturday
The Heritage Center in Leavenworth will be having a Mardi Gras party from 6-10 p.m. Saturday.
The Carl Web Band will perform, and authentic Louisiana cuisine will be served at the center, 109 Delaware St.
The Carl Web Band is known as Kansas City’s little Big Band. It’s a 10-piece band playing Dixieland, as well as the top music of the Big Band Era.
Elena Gann, chef at Bass Prua restaurant in Leavenworth, will prepare the meal.
There also will be a “man with the sexiest leg” contest, and Melissa the Willow Wytch will be reading palms.
A king also will be crowned after the cutting of the King Cake. Beads and prizes will be handed out and guests can bring their masks.
Reservations can be made by calling the Heritage Center, 913-682-2122.
More like this story
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Basehor-area Legislator seeks Common Core comments
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education