Kansas: Dems’ governor hopeful picks up school endorsements
Topeka Democratic gubernatorial candidate Paul Davis has received the endorsement of two major public school groups.
The Kansas National Education Association, the state's largest teachers' union, and Kansas Families for Education last week announced their backing of Davis in his race against Gov. Sam Brownback, a Republican.
Davis, the House minority leader from Lawrence, has been a strong supporter of public schools, the groups said.
"Throughout his career, his steadfast commitment to our schools stood out. Kansans can be sure that our local schools will remain Paul Davis’s priority as governor," said Karen Godfrey, president of the KNEA.
More like this story
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- New natural gas extractions plant operating in Kansas
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall